Due to public health and safety concerns, for the citizens of Garland and our employees, the Code Compliance Department has temporarily modified some processes:
- The Code Compliance office is closed to the public.
- Multifamily and Lodging licensing, and Single Family registration applications can still be mailed to 210 Carver Street, Suite 101, Garland, TX 75040, emailed, or faxed to 972-485-6429.
- Check or money orders payments can be mailed to the address above, or;
- Payments can also be made over the phone by calling 972-485-6400.
- While interior inspections have been suspended, Code Compliance will continue to address life-safety and critical violations at all rental properties.
- Code Compliance is no longer issuing garage sale permits and will prohibit garage sales until further notice.
- The Code Compliance Department is continuing to address health and life safety issues along with critical violations that pose a risk to the general public. Examples are, but not limited to;
- Sewage leaks, unsecured pool fences and appliances, high grass, trash, graffiti, and improperly stored items that could provide harborage to mosquitoes, rodents, and/ or vermin.
Should a citizen receive a Notice Of Violation, and need more time to comply, please contact your Code Compliance Officer here.
Lawn Care Assistance Available
The City of Garland Code Compliance Department is taking applications for the Lawn Care Assistance Program. This program will provide summer mowing for seniors (60 years of age and older) and disabled Garland homeowners who are physically and/or financially unable to maintain their yards to comply with City codes and have no other assistance available.
For more information please follow this Link.
To download an application, click Here.
Short Term Rentals in Garland
What are short term rentals? Short term rental means all or part of a residential property that is being rented to a person for less than 14 days. Short term rentals are commonly leased through websites like Airbnb, Vrbo and HomeToGo.
Is it legal to operate a short term rental in Garland? Yes, you can lease your property as a short term rental if you have registered it as a lodging establishment.
If you have questions on how to register your property please contact Code Compliance at 972-485-6400.
Code Compliance consists of four divisions:
- Commercial Standards - Responsible for inspections of exterior commercial properties
- Housing Standards - Responsible for inspections of single family, multi-family and hotel/motel properties
- Neighborhood Standards - Responsible for inspections within residential areas
- Business Operations - Responsible for complaint intake, applications, Code permitting, and licensing, and grant funded programming.